UBCO-Exeter Excellence Initiative (Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies and Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences)
Building upon previous rounds of partnership seed funding (2018) and Fellowships and Project grants (2020), Initiator Grants are intended to support pilot projects to establish or broaden academic and research collaboration. Three Initiator Grants up to a maximum GBP £4,000 / CAD $6,900 each will be available in February 2022 to Exeter and UBC Okanagan collaborators, with the following objectives:
- To develop and expand relationships between Exeter and UBC Okanagan
- To support both research and education initiatives
- To enable grant holders to develop projects for Catalyst funding and/or competitive, larger-scale external grant applications.
Building upon previous rounds of partnership seed funding (2018) and Fellowships and Project grants (2020), Catalyst Grants are intended to support larger-scale initiatives with the aim of securing external funding and/or producing high-level outputs and impact. It is anticipated that academic staff at both Universities, with excellent and complementary expertise and capability, will have already established a working relationship and track record that can be demonstrated as part of the application.
Applications up to a maximum GBP £20,000 / CAD $34,000 are invited, with the following objectives:
- To position the project group to win major external funding, publish significant research, and/or influence national/international policy.
- To address research questions and/or to develop innovative teaching and learning initiatives with the potential for high-impact that could not be as effectively carried out by a partner on its own.
- To facilitate further development of novel research and/or teaching and learning concepts to the point of submission of bid(s) for significant external funding.
- To expedite ground-breaking interdisciplinary research and/or teaching and learning initiatives, taking them to the next level.
Deadline for applications: February 9th, 2022.
The Invited International Distinguished Visitor Fund
The Invited International Distinguished Visitor Fund provides opportunities for UBC Okanagan faculty to invite international colleagues to visit UBC and engage with the campus community and share their research and expertise. Examples of engagement activities include providing presentations and workshops; conducting research activities; and collaborating with faculty and students. The application must be submitted by a faculty member at UBC’s Okanagan campus on behalf of their international colleague for this funding. The Office of Research Services is available to facilitate the pairing of suitable research colleagues if an interested international applicant is not currently connected with a faculty member at UBC’s Okanagan campus.
To apply for this funding opportunity visit: The Office of Research Services Internal Funding Opportunities
For more information, please contact Raina Reddecliff, Associate Director, Campus Internationalization at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reichwald Germanic Studies Award for Research & Creative Activity
The intent of the Reichwald Germanic Studies Award for Research and Creative Activity is to promote and to facilitate faculty research and creative activity related to any area of German society. The award will support a tenured or tenure-track faculty member at UBC’s Okanagan campus to undertake research or creative activity that engages with issues of relevance to the German-Canadian community or to German intellectual, scientific, historical, political, socio-economic, and/or cultural development within Canada or internationally. The research or creative activity must be related to German society, but need not take place in Germany. See the Program Terms below for full details on this opportunity.
For further information or to apply for funding visit: The Office of Research Services Internal Funding Opportunities